Find out more, now the newest handheld ebook reader has been released with the Que ProReader Review.
Of course, you could be forgiven if you have yet to hear about the New Que Reader (pronounced ‘Q’). After all it is not on sale yet and has barely been glimpsed at more than a few industry gatherings. But from January 7th 2010 this beautiful, flexible and innovative portable reader will become more widely known. This is the date it shall be unveiled for regular folks just like you and I to check out, at the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show. There are few Que Reader Reviews to date for the simple reason that no-one has yet to get their hands on one. You can be sure the Ebook Reader Reviews will come through though, as soon as the Que Ebook Reader is formally released.
According to Plastic Logic there is a new kid in town when it comes to Handheld Ebook Readers. An article in the Wall Street Journal highlights just how confident the makers of the Que Reader are that their reading device will fly off the shelves next year in volumes to easily rival the success of the Kindle Ebook Reader.
Until the Que Reader’s unveiling on 7th Jan 2010 Plastic Logic are keeping a lot of information under wraps. Pricing and full specification will not be released till then, but the basic information released suggests this portable reader is likely to put pressure on amazon. The English plastics technology behind the Que means this is the first plastic based reader around. More flexible and damage resistant it provides a full size touch screen made of plastic around as thick as a sheet of paper, full of millions of transistors. A far cheaper option than silicon the end result is something shatterproof yet tactile and responsive, we hope. Of course we must wait till the New Year to find out exactly what the Que Reader has to offer. In the meantime we cannot offer you a full Que Reader Review but here’s what we do know about the mysterious Que:
- 8.5 x 11″ and only 1/3″ thick it weighs less than a periodical.
- Largest touchscreen currently on offer from any Ebook Reader.
- Wireless enabled, using AT&T’s network.
- Ebooks, magazine & newspaper subscriptions managed by Barnes & Noble.
- The Que Reader will be available to buy from Barnes & Noble.
- Designed with business in mind. The larger screen and support of business applications such as Word and Powerpoint aim to attract business customers, unlike the Kindle that has so far targeted the home reader. The makers think this is such a business specific gadget they have even named it a ‘proReader’ rather than just a Reader so they really must be serious about it!
- From what we are allowed to see, this is one beautiful Ebook Reader, but it would be great to see some more detailed images.
Mostly though the Que Reader really does remain a mystery. So if you haven’t heard of it it is hardly a surprise as Plastic Logic are keeping us guessing. Fear not though, as the Handheld Ebook Reader Reviews site will keep you updated as more facts are released!